Sunday, August 19, 2007

My Favorite Kids...Again

It has been eons...a whole month - wow! I haven't felt like blogging lately, so I have kept up somewhat with reading but took a break (obviously) from writing and posting photos. Here are several shots to make up for lost time. I really was tired of seeing that 80's pic, and I'm sure you were too!

Summer photos in chronological order...

Madelyn is growing up.


Fourth of July

Elisha's sparklers experience - he was really intent.


Jim and Elisha's not-so-amazing idea to cover his bed with a castle/city thingy that stayed set up for a week or two, leaving Elisha with no bed in which to sleep. He did not mind sleeping on the floor (on a folded up comforter), but I felt like we were negligent parents when we tucked him in each night.

Hanging out together during "rest time" (read: watching a video)

One Sunday morning before church I looked over to see both of he kids "reading" their Bibles. It was definitely a Kodak moment.

Elisha discovered what happens when you put your finger in a train track. It was seriously stuck: we had to use vaseline, soap and cold water to help wriggle it free.

Yet another photo of "rest time" - we do alot of that some days.

Although Elisha's face does not reflect his mood, he was very excited to attend a celebration at our public library for completing the summer reading program. He received a certificate, and free book, some fun toys and got to help eat a huge ice cream sundae.



Elisha's first preschool project: the face of Petal, the rabbit doll from the book Wemberly Worried.


18 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Yay!!! A new post!!!

What fun pictures!

Love the Bible reading.

Dave & Lynnette Mason said...

Great pics of the kids!! They are getting so big! I agree with Keetha, the bible reading picture was my favorite!!:)

Char said...

Preschool? Already? Time flies.

Really cute pictures. "Rest" time looks like fun.

Shannon said...

I love the one of them reading the Bible-you have such Godly children! So precious!

Robin said...

So cute!

I think Madelyn looks just like you in that top picture! That smile is yours, Jaena!

I think Elisha has an architectural career ahead of him! He seems to have a great sense of curiosity and adventure!

The Bible reading picture definitely needs to be framed!

I hate the fact that it's been a year since we've been up to Marion!Ken is set to graduate in December, so we might come up for that (unless he decides to walk in May).

Keep posting, and then I won't have to leave epic comments! :-)

Toevs said...

Glad you're back... I am back too! :-)

jenny marvin mealy said...

I want to come over rest time! I need it!!!

Keri said...

I love the rest time pictures!! SO CUTE!!! Your kids are adorable!

Unknown said...

I love it that Elisha's creations usually involve Jim's help... almost like Daddy might love to create them as much as Elisha? We can definitely relate. Just another great reason to have kids... you get to play with kid toys all over again. :)

Char said...

Check out my new ID photo. I'm ready for fall!

About Brandon said...

I liked the 80's picture - ha!

B

Unknown said...

I was looking at your blog with Elijah sitting beside me today and he saw the picture of Elisha's city creation on his bad. I moved on past it, and he asked to go back so he could look at the Larry Boy car. What Larry Boy car I asked? The one beside that little boy on his bed. How he saw it, I have no idea. He can't find his pajamas when they're right in front of him, but he can spot Larry Boy anywhere. :)

Unknown said...

No, he never got one, and the fact that he can still spot one anywhere and gets excited about it... I'm definitely considering looking for one again. :)

Darcy said...

I came across your blog address. Its in my favorites now. I love all the pics...we miss you guys so much. I can't believe how much your children look alike and look like you and jim both. So adorable and growing up so fast!

Unknown said...

They're such cuties!

Char said...

Okay, I'm like so bored over here. I'm sure you have some new pictures. Share, pretty please.

Anon said...

Nice pics and nice retreat! Thanks!

Keetha Broyles said...

Miss Jaena, friend:

Look at the date on this post. By now we won't even RECOGNIZE your kids anymore, so go ahead, POST AGAIN!!!

:-)