Sometimes, for a task-oriented person like me, this can be challenging or even frustrating. But there are some amazing benefits too:
- Having Elisha fix me (in his exact words) "a beautiful dinner" out of play food and served on little dishes
- Holding Madelyn as long as I want...even when I "should" have laid her down for her nap
- "Snuggling" with Elisha at the start of his nap and hearing him turn over and whisper to me "You're my sweetie-peach" (I guess he has heard Jim call Maddie that on occasion.)
- Watching many of Madelyn's "firsts" (and "seconds" and "thirds" too!)
- Catching fun, everyday moments on film (or memory stick, actually) - something I could tend be too busy to do (see below)
Madelyn sleeping in Dad's arms.
Now if he could just hold her like that all night...