Friday, February 16, 2007

Happy Valentine's Week

With the snow that has taken over our city - and state - the "regularly scheduled" events and plans of our Valentine's Week were superseded by weather. Here's an overview of our week-o-love.

Jim got me some gorgeous roses from Vice's (some wonderful local florists) He always get three red roses to symbolize the three words "I love you." Pretty cool...



I had great expectations of making Valentine's cards with photos of Madelyn giving kisses. That didn't happen, but here are the shots I took...





And I seriously thought I would have time to make bags of candy and/or cookies to send to college students and friends. That's what happens when I spend too much time at marthastewart.com.

While I didn't accomplish all of my goals (including dusting the house, although there is still this afternoon during nap time), our family did enjoy the gift of togetherness since Jim had 2 entire days off of work - PAID - yahoo!

I did make a "perfect" chicken pot pie over the weekend...


We got to see the beauty of freshly fallen (drifted) snow...


Elisha enjoyed a delicious Valentine's breakfast of "chip-dee beef gravy" as he calls it, with his Grandma



And we had two good friends over for Valentine's dinner and cookie baking - wish I would have remembered to take some pics (sorry Bekah & Rachel). So,we've had a good time here at the Womacks. How did you celebrate this week?

20 comments:

the lambs said...

I must say, that does look like the perfect pot pie. Good job!

Toevs said...

We spent our week INSIDE mostly. We were all ready for school to resume today!
I thought about going to marthastewert online, but decided against it. Emma made LOTS of cards this week. They are all over the house!

Anon said...

I refuse to visit the website of a former criminal. :) I can't even go past a Williams and Sonoma or I'm suckered in to all of it. I'm a kitchen nut.

Love the pics.

Guess what? I could never get to the comment sections on anyone's blog because Mr. Etiquette did such a wonderful job cleaning it up. But, if I push the control key while clicking on the link, it opens right up. Woohoo!

Katie Martin said...

I love the pictures of Maddie, but I'm sad to have missed out on the cookies. I did enjoy two days off, who knew college could ever get snow days!

Keetha Broyles said...

I just gotta tell ya - - - those pictures of Maddie KISSING are just TOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!

You go little Maddie!!!!

Unknown said...

Eric's track kids gave us a gift certificate to the Olive Garden. We also had 3 snow days (an even better Valentines gift), but in Kentucky they're really just snow-that-melts-by-noon days. As of two days ago the ground was bare again.

Keetha Broyles said...

Our ground isn't bare - - - - and snow is falling AGAIN.

Robin said...

Ken and I had a candlelight "surf and turf" dinner, which was ready for me when I got home from work, thanks to this magical take out steakhouse called "Steak Out."

Little did we know that the storm was brewing . . .

Those pictures of Madelyn are priceless! What a beautiful girl!

Bekah said...

Jaena - Thanks again so much for including me in your Valentine's Day! I took a few pictures - I'll send them your way as soon as I get them! :)

Char said...

These pictures are great - Madelyn is going to be a heart breaker when she grows up!

Terhune Family said...

Love the kissing pictures... Daniel just figured out how to make the smacking noice that goes along with the kissing face. Your pot pie looks wonderful! I'm going to make one this week.

Unknown said...

Great pictures! I love the snow!
Joel and I both spent Valentine's working very late. But Saturday, he took me to a Brazilian grill (the kind where they bring the meats out on a stick). Then we went and saw a movie. Lots of fun love time!
Happy Belated Love Day!

Lisa said...

Jaena, I have to say, you need to quit your visits with Martha. She's polluting you with all these crafty ideas that you then think those uf us "craft challenged" should be able to see as a challenge at MOPS! :-)

Great potpie! Even as a Pampered Chef, I don't make them that cool!

Whomever anon is needs to find out more about Pampered Chef! They have some products I think are even better then Williams and Sonoma...like our cookware and Forged Cutlery. Www.pamperedchef.biz/lisahuber....but enough of the plug and onto the cool stuff....when are we going to learn how to make our potpies that cute? MOPS next week? :-)

How's the MAC?

Keetha Broyles said...

Jaena Louise - - - new post time?

Toevs said...

Just want you to know that I am back among the living in the blog world. I finally figured out my computer problem. :-)

Terhune Family said...

It's March... time for a new post!! Daniel just laughed at the pictures of Madelyn. :) Very cute. Normally he's not still long enough to notice, but he's sick with the stomach flu. He's only thrown up twoice today, though.

Keetha Broyles said...

New post, new post, new post!!!!

Deb said...

Speaking of new posts, I am waiting to read the one about our mutual friend from presidents day.

Keetha Broyles said...

Jaena - - - was sure fun to see you last night.

Hey - - - is that china in the last couple of pictures Haviland China? It has that "look"

Lisa said...

Jaena, are you still alive in blog world? I stopped by to see what was new, only to find nothing appears new since February! Yikes!