Friday, April 20, 2007

More Catching Up

I don't really have a good reason for not keeping up with the blog.
We do take pictures, but some of the events didn't seem "blog-worthy"
so I have been saving them up to create one big post. I know,
I know, more small posts more often would be better...I think I'm just lazy.


Madelyn in her Easter dress that Great-Grandma Millie
gave her LAST YEAR! It finally fit.


Elisha at the Million Egg Hunt the Saturday before Easter.
It was freezing, so Madelyn and I stayed in.
Jim said there were kids there in flop flops and without coats.
Maybe next time, they should give out coats, socks, and shoes.


Madelyn and Great-Grandpa Bowman on Easter.


Madelyn's first experience with crayons.
She did try to eat them, so I guess she's not
ready for unsupervised art time...yet.


Grandma Judy stopped by and Madelyn loved wearing her gloves around.


Elisha did this puzzle and all by himself. I'm not exaggerating;
I checked on him and found it was done - amazing!



Jim and I often take the kids for walks on the IWU campus.
A few weeks ago, we finished and discovered that Madelyn
had dropped (or possibly thrown) her pacifier out of the stroller.
We walked again a couple of weeks later and FOUND IT on the side
of the road. We won't be using it again; but I saved it for the story.

13 comments:

Char said...

Maddie looks good in purple - yea! She and Aunt Millie can do a "twins" contest.

P.S. I think one of the reasons Millie wears purple is that it is her sorority color - but she also looks good in it. She didn't wear it until she got into Central.

Dave & Lynnette Mason said...

We need more pics of Jaena...an half of a profile is not enough!!:)

Robin said...

Maddie does look so pretty in purple! She's looking more like a little girl and less like a baby!

Way to go on the puzzle Elisha!

Keetha Broyles said...

These are my comments about this post:

1) Yes, do more small ones more often :-)

2) I LOVE the sideways piggy tail on Maddy's hair!!!

3) THANK YOU for not reusing that pacifier!!!!

4) I'm impressed with Elisha's puzzle solving skill - - - a boy after my own heart!

Woodcock family said...

Maddie is very cute in purple. Can't wait to see you guys in July.

Toevs said...

More posts, more often... that's my vote. :-)

I can't believe you found that pacifier. Glad you're not reusing it, even if Maddie is the second child. :-)

And kudos to Elisha on the puzzle. :-)

Keetha Broyles said...

Really nice shower today - - - thanks for including me!!!

Hummel Family said...

WOW, Madelyn is looking more and more like her Mommy. I thought the 1st picture was Jaena when she was a kid!

Joel said...

JoEllen -- I had the same reaction to that picture! And Jaena did look like that when she was Maddie's age: I have photo evidence to prove it.

It's that "Grandma Bowman" chin, for starters. : D

Thanks for the update, Jaena! Miss you guys.

Terhune Family said...

Maddie looks like Elisha in that first picture! I never saw it that much before. I guess that shows that Elisha actually looks like MOMMY! Great puzzle, Elisha!

Bekah said...

1. Thanks for the card! I plan on rubbing in an even greater victory against Dad!

2. LOVE the pictures!!

3. Was that pacifier down around the athletic fields? I ask only because when I was out walking a while back, I saw a pink one in the grass and thought "oh there's an unhappy baby somewhere!"

Jaena said...

Bekah - Yes! It was down by the athletic fields. Isn't that crazy?

Ours would have been the unhappy baby if grandma and grandpa wouldn't have donated the pacifiers from their house to the cause.

Keetha Broyles said...

Did our frozen "meals and wheels" go to Ohio this weekend?