Thursday, August 28, 2008

"It has a TV!"


After much time spent searching the internet, visiting car lots, and praying for wisdom, the Womack family became the proud owners of a van. Despite its many practical features - more space, stow and go seats, better gas mileage, to name a few - the title of this post shows the only thing our children care about (and what Madelyn tells everyone).

This is a 2005 Chrysler Town and Country Limited with every feature imaginable (and some I actually had not imagined). I would share more about its amenities, but I feel guilty about a few of them (seat warmers!), so I am not yet ready for full disclosure.

We are very excited and also a little nervous to have invested so much in a means of transportation. I do not have buyer's remorse, but I do feel slightly sick to my stomach when I think that of all of the money we saved is gone. Well, I guess it has actually just transitioned into a new asset, right? And that is what we saved for...so I should be happy. I guess I have saving issues (or maybe just issues in general).

The above photo is not specifically of *our car* but it is the same color and make and model from what I could tell.

Thanks for all of the recommendations. If we were richer, we would have probably leaned towards the Honda or Toyota (I have a 1987 Camry that has over 170,000 miles on it); but with our budgeted amount, the ones we would have considered were out of our price range.

On a related note: we are selling our pop up camper (1994 Coleman Key West) for $3000 if anyone is interested. :)

7 comments:

the lambs said...

You're one step closer to being an official soccer Mom!

Kathy said...

Happy new van to you...happy new van to you...happy new van dear womacks...happy new van to you!!!!
(you're gonna love it!)

Keri said...

We have a Town & Country, too! We love it. :)

Stop feeling guilty!!! HUGS

Keetha Broyles said...

I hope you enjoy this van!!! I'm POSITIVE the tv and dvd's will entertain your kids when you have long rides!!!

Darcy said...

I've been meaning to call all week- I was wondering what you decided about the van. I'm sure you made the right decision. Read Proverbs 3:9-10 to help with the guilt:) Talk to you soon!

Char said...

Hey, God provided and with bells on. No guilt needed.

Toevs said...

congrats!