Monday, September 08, 2008

Update on Jim

I'm hoping most of you who can keep up on Jim updates this way. The hospital will not let me get on Facebook.

Jim was admitted to the ER early this morning with chest pain and weakness/numbness in his left arm. After some bloodwork showed elevated levels of enzymes that are heart-related, they transferred him to Ball Memorial and have been running tests and trying to determine what is wrong.

Jim's heart cath came back good - no blockage.
The CAT scan showed no pulmonary *whatever*.
They have changed his diagnosis (from a heart attack) to pericarditis.

Jim will be staying the night so they can see if the meds for this are effective and so they can ensure that he is not having more chest pain or drops in heart rate (his rate was down to 32 at one point and they rushed him out for the heart cath - pretty tense).

Thanks for praying. I will try to let you know more as we do.

15 comments:

Bekah said...

Hey Jaena - I've been praying for you guys today! I heard through work and just couldn't believe it. I'm glad for the good news you have received so far and will just keep praying for more!!

Kim and Mike said...

Yay for good news! I will continue to pray for you guys!

Jewel said...

I just saw Jim's update on facebook and when there was nothing more to be read there, I came to your blog! Those are good results, but I will pray for a restful night.

TheGaffords said...

Jaena, your family is in our prayers. We're hoping for more positive news like this.

Deven said...

Just saw the blog post. Oh my word! We'll be praying for you.

Robin said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so glad to hear better news, but know that pericarditis is no picnic either. Thank you so much for the update! I'm praying!

Dave & Lynnette Mason said...

Hey Jaena....we will be praying for Jim and you...keep us posted!

Keetha Broyles said...

I just heard about this via California and your Aunt Char!!!

Pericarditis is NO FUN, though far preferable to a myocardial infarction, that's FOR SURE.

I'm thinking of you guys and praying.

Shannon said...

We prayed for you guys tonight at Bunko- we are thinking of you!

the neighborhood said...

Thanks for the update. I will keep checking in to find out more.
We are praying.

Michelle M. said...

Praying for Jim!

Amy said...

I'll be praying for you, too.

Vickie said...

Jim and Jaena just wanted to let you know we love you guys and are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. Please call if you need anything. I had a really nice chat with Elisha today as he was waiting to be picked up after kindergarten. We mostly talked about Josiah and Maddie. He is quite the talker!!

Amy said...

I am praying too -

Char said...

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear it's not a heart attack. Rose Mary called with the initial news to activate the family prayer chain.