Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Hope

One Sunday morning in January, our worship leader shared about how someone challenged her to pick a key word or phrase for the upcoming year. I listened as she described contemplating the idea and finally selecting a theme for 2012. As she talked one word kept running through my mind: hope.

The past few years have been long and difficult. God has provided many things: peace, joy, forgiveness, rest. But this year, I am claiming hope. Hope for the future. Hope for redemption. Hope in the One who has all things under His control and who loves me immensely.

"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken." Psalm 62:5-6


2 comments:

Keri said...

First I have to say "WELCOME BACK!!!!". You have been missed!

Second, I love this post! :)

Katie Bratcher said...

Hey Jaena! I love that during the times in our life when the bottom drops out there's always that still, small whisper that says 'Keep holding on, keep looking up, and trust me' I couldn't think of a better theme for the year other than hope. "God says do not be afraid, I am with you. I will strengthen you and uphold you with my right hand." Isaiah 41:10