Monday, April 10, 2006

Martha versus Motherhood


It's no secret that I like Martha Stewart.
My brother bought me a subscription to two of her magazines:
Martha Stewart Living and Everyday Food.
I watch her television program when possible
(meaning when I am somewhere that has satellite or cable.)
On occasion, I even attempt some of the projects she does.

But, I am pleased - no proud - to say that only one
of the above projects is from Martha Stewart.
The other is one I created on my very own.
(At least I think I did..I can't ever remember
learning it from anywhere or anyone...
unless I forgot and stored the idea in my subconscious.)
There goes that overactive conscience, Robin!

So, which do you think it is? Who created what?


7 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm going to say you created the 2nd one.

the lambs said...

As much as you love cereal, I would say you created the little nests. I get Living and Everyday Food also. What would we do without Martha?

Robin said...

What would we do without Martha? We would live more guilt-free lives! There's nothing that makes me feel more like a homemaking failure than browsing through the magazine's pages. But still, I have a morbid fascination with her ideas and OCD. Yes, I'm a subscriber to Living. But what is Everyday Food?

Jaena said...

Kim and Julie - Yes, it's the cereal nests...after looking at the photo, I realized that the gift bag has Martha written all over it. That wasn't much of a choice, was it? BTW I did get the butterflies and glue them on to tiny clothespins to hold teh bag shut like the origianl craft suggests. Even cuter!

Robin - Everyday food is a fairly practical magazine (smaller than Living, the size of Reader's Digest) that has handy tips on kitchen tools, food, recipes, etc... Joel keeps me in the loop when it comes to the latest subscription options. My favorite these days (also a gift) is Real Simple - ever seen it?

Joel said...

"The brother" here: Everyday Food is a great little mag. You know how the cooking stuff from Living can get: kinda involved and crazy? Well, EF is like that magazine's sensible younger sister. Recipes that you can actually use -- and probably make with what you have in the cupboard. Check out a copy at the local newsstand and see what you think.

the lambs said...

I totally agree about Real Simple. My subscription ran out what seems like forever ago. It's been on my Christmas list, birthday list, and now Mother's Day list. Can you have a Mother's Day list? I've gotten some great recipes from that magazine and tips that make keeping our house in order a little easier.

Robin said...

Sounds like Everyday is my kind of publication. Living's recipes scare me a little.

I've picked up Real Simple every now and then. I was browsing through one tonight, and thought that I could use a subscription.