Friday, November 03, 2006

My Favorite Frog

Interestingly enough, Elisha had planned to be a bee (a bumblebee to be precise) all week. It wasn't until it came time to put on his costume that he changed his mind and decided to be a frog. Fortunately, we had two 3T costumes that we were recycling for the third year in a row. (We got them on sale at Old Navy right before Halloween the year Elisha was born. Their original price was around $20 each, and I think we got them for $7 a piece!) We spent the majority of our time at IWU's Harvest Party, followed by short visits to a few family members. (Sorry we missed you, Uncle Terry and Aunt Betty. We wanted to come over, but couldn't make it.)
Elisha the frog (or frog prince, perhaps...see story below).

A silly Elisha with my cousin and her husband.
(I should probably ask before I post their names on the internet.)


Elisha bugging his cousin Anna (at least they are both smiling).


A final story: Emily Lamb dressed up as Cinderella and told her mom, Julie, that Elisha would be her prince. Ironically he was...her frog prince! If we only had a crown.

12 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

So cute - - - - boy am I glad IN THIS ONE INSTANCE - - - - that I am not a relative since you SAW my candy confession.

Next year I'm gonna have candy, and I want all my blogging friends to PRETEND that I am a relative, and come to my house for trick-or-treat.

I'll be ready next year.

Robin said...

What a cutie! I love the frog/prince costume!

Char said...

Both a frog and a prince. How cool is that? You can tell he's going to be a heart breaker some day!

Anonymous said...

SOOOO cute!!!!

Dave & Lynnette Mason said...

How cute & fun! I love frogs:)

Toevs said...

Anna's favorite animal is a frog. And Elisha is one of her favorite people... imagine that! :-)

Woodcock family said...

He looks so cute!! I hate that we are so far away and we dont get to see you guys that often. Any ideas for christmas yet?? you should e-mail me. A.J. has been sick since last monday so I will try to get pictures of alex and Aaron from alexs halloween party at school some time this week. Love you guys. please give my niece and nephew a hug and kiss for me!!

jenny marvin mealy said...

He was the cutest frog at the party! And boy am I glad you spent so much time at the college!!!

I want to throw a bean bag again soon and win that baby again!

Bekah said...

Hey Jaena - they are all just too adorable!!! :)

the lambs said...

Good thing princess Emily didn't kiss the frog prince!

Unknown said...

HOW CUTE!
Looks like a lot of fun! I had no idea that is who your cousin married. I knew them in HS. What a small world. HOpe you are well!

Keetha Broyles said...

Jaena - - - - a certain someone who reads our blogs but rarely comments and who also happens to teach with me at LCS - - - - - ok, SR - - - - - said today or yesterday during conferences that NEXT year we should have a bloggers Trick-or-Treat at my house. We'll do it on our own schedule, not necessarily on Halloween - - - and Grandma Keetha WILL have candy this time.

I LOVE the idea - - - - so I'm going to start planning on it!!!!!