Friday, January 05, 2007

Our Mac Mini

About 8 months ago our computer died, and we needed a new one. We ended up finding a great deal on a nice HP and were very happy with our purchase....until recently. Jim has a good friend who has a MAC who has brainwashed (just kidding, Nate) him with the amazing abilities the MAC has. We ordered cool family calendars on their MAC. We have seen how easy it is to chat online on their MAC. And we have heard stories of how worry-free owning a MAC is. (We also watched all of the MAC commercials on the web - hilarious!)

So, we got a MAC. This week. We sold our HP (which is why I have not been blogging as much as usual), and Jim used his Christmas money to buy a MAC. Here is what I find amazing so far: its size. Just look at how tiny it is...especially compared to our old computer. Pretty amazing, if you ask me.

I'm sure I will find more things that I love about our MAC on which to report, but let me pledge that no matter how fantastic I think our MAC is, I will not brag and put down PC owners (like some may do). I mean, it's not like I CREATED the MAC or have any rights to their capablities. I'm just a happy owner of one...for now.

Our *old* HP




Our brand new MAC


8 comments:

Joel said...

Welcome, welcome, to the wonderful world of Mac! You're going to love it here. :-)

Woodcock family said...

that is quite a diffrence!!

Toevs said...

I would own a MAC if they weren't so much more than our PC was... But at least our computer is small... since we have a laptop.
:-)
Someday maybe we'll switch over to the "other side".

Unknown said...

Welcome to the REAL world! Lol! You're going to love it :)

Keetha Broyles said...

Hey - - - - where's the picture of the monitor???? That's all I care about, being techno-illiterate.

;-)

the lambs said...

I'm so glad to see it FINALLY arrived! I agree with Joel and Gia. You're going to love it!

Dave & Lynnette Mason said...

You have converted to the MAC...congrates and welcome to the better way, no the superior way:) hehehe

Dave told me to say....
"Welcome to the dark side" (He is a major Star Wars fan, if you didn't already know.)

Char said...

Secretly, I'm a MAC lover. The first "desktop" computer I had at work (back in 1989) was a Macintosh. When I became self-employed after John was born, Richard said we had to have a PC clone so that I would be compatible with other systems in the business world. He was right about that - I haven't had any MAC-based clients in 15 years.

But really, there are some things a MAC does better, and if you don't have to worry about compatibility issues, go for it.

It's so cute! Are you going to name it?