Thursday, January 11, 2007

OCD

My friend Ronda and I considered starting an organizing business a couple of years ago. Her husband Dave suggested we call it "OCD: Organization, Color & Design. I like that idea...very creative. And, who knows, some day we may actually do it! Until then, here is the organization, color and design of Elisha's room.

Have I mentioned my passion for Rubbermaid? At least part of my Christmas money always seems to help supply our family with a plethora of containers for storing toys, camping equipment, shoes, etc... This year, I focused on the kids' toys. I think we are almost set! Now if I could just find time to label everything with my label maker...



This is a view of Elisha's room from his doorway.



This view is from his bed.



This is a view from "the pile." (See below.)



The pile: This is the *only* disorganized part of our house (except the attic and garage, which are not actually disorganized but mostly filled with old boxes that need to be trashed.) Some people prefer to hide their clutter in a closet or drawer. I, on the other hand, want my drawers and closets to be "perfect" so I use a corner or my son's room. Weird, huh? These boxes contain papers and files from when we worked at CWC. There are things I/we want to save, so we need a block of time to sort and pitch stuff. (Yes, we've been out of paid church ministry for almost 2 years now. Sad that these are still here.)



So, that's it: Elisha's new room. Sorry we don't have any birthday pictures to post. The batteries on our camera went out (of course), so we have mostly video that needs to be downloaded into you-tube or something.

19 comments:

Woodcock family said...

What a big room. I bet he loves all the extra space.

Keetha Broyles said...

It all looks great - - - and even the PILE is stacked up neatly!!!

Very OCD of you. Hehehehehehehe

Keetha Broyles said...

Hey - - - got any time this weekend? I have Monday off - - - and I have all these Christmas decorations to put away - - - and I HATE doing it - - - - -

Terhune Family said...

I'm so jealous... I have piles like that in EVERY room, and in the closets...

Joel said...

I'm jealous, too. I have a pile like that in the corner of my bedroom — which is big, but not quite as big as Elisha's — and my pile is much higher.

Plus there's the boxes shoved under my desk, and the Rubbermaid containers in the laundry room/kitty room, and the extra stuff under the extra table down in the dining room.

(Sigh.) You've got it good, Jaena, if all your chaos fits in that small area!

Toevs said...

I can bring my label maker and we can have a labeling party. :-) Then we come back to my house and work on the closet in my girls' room. :-)
I still think our OCD business could be a success... if only I could organize my time as well as my stuff...

Char said...

Beautiful. All of it, including the "pile." Almost inspires me to do some spring cleaning myself.

Of course, I don't really want to know what's under the bed. It hasn't come alive yet, though, so why disturb it?

Bekah said...

Jaena - this is why you and I are friends!! My "pile" space is on the dining room table. That way it gets occasional cleanings - at least every time I know I'm having company. Drives me nuts when my closets are a mess. Speaking of which...it's time to reorganize the shoe collection...

jenny marvin mealy said...

WOW-I need you to come see Jake's room-it looks nothing like Elisha's. I think the piles of toys are now about waist high all over the room.

Donnetta said...

Jaena, Guess it's my turn to "de-lurk" here! :-)

You guessed right. We were house-mates in U court for a summer at IWU. You will notice I do not use our real names or identifying information at my site.

I have had you in my bloglines and reading for a few weeks now myself. I also found you through Robin.

Please do come back to "My Quiet Corner"! and of course I'd love to have you comment now and then. I'll start doing the same here.:-)

Great place!!!

Unknown said...

Hmmmmm, that room looks strangely familiar. What special memories! That's where Eric and I got engaged oddly enough. Weird. Now we have a little train builder of our own. Elijah and Micah build their train tracks around the toy room then all the way down the hall to the living room. What is it with boys and trains anyway? I too have a basket/bin toy organizing thing. I think it's good for the boys though to categorize and organize thier things. Right?

Robin said...

I love the after-Christmas Rubbermaid container sale. Ken and I went wild buying containers to organize our piles of stuff. But we bow to your organizational prowess!

Char said...

Oh, you know, surfing by your blog again, I just realized something - in the psyc world OCD stands for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

So, I'd name your company something else. Maybe DOC - then you could be the Mess Doctors!

P.S. Have you heard of Emilie Barnes and "More Hours in My Day"? You can view her stuff at http://www.morehours.bizland .com/MHIMD/.

Anon said...

interesting

the lambs said...

Aunt Char, Your comment made me smile. :) The double meaning of OCD was part of the "joke" or "creativity" of our potential name. We thought it might catch people's attention. We also wondered about the negative connotation, so I guess (based on your thoughts) we really should reconsider.

Jaena said...

OK, that last comment was from me (Jaena); but Julie Lamb had signed in on our computer while she was here, so it came up as from her. I was SO VERY tempted to go around leaving messages from her on people's blogs. You owe me, Julie! ;)

Char said...

Check it out with your friends. If they don't have any problems with OCD it's probably o.k. to use it. I didn't make the connection myself until after looking at the post several times. It doesn't necessarily follow that the people who own the company have OCD! :~)

jenny marvin mealy said...

OCD all the way!!! I love the double meaning.

Shannon said...

Oh my!!! I used to know a lady who did that, and her company was called The Clost Factory. You are a genius! Oh and I think Elisha's bed is bigger than mine!