Saturday, January 06, 2007

Trains and Change

Semi-useless trivia: Although the words of my title do not rhyme exactly, they are called "slant rhyme," a fact which my English Literature major brother would be so proud that I shared (I think). :)

We are still having fun with the Mac; but I didn't like opening our blog and seeing photos of a computer, no matter how small and cute it is.

Jim and I traded rooms with Elisha last week. We had a huge room with space we didn't need (all we need is room for a bed). His room - or at least floor space - was getting smaller and smaller, thanks to his growing collection of trains, train track, and other train paraphanelia. I intend to eventually post pictures of the freshly organized closets and Rubbermaid storage containers; but until then, here is a glimpse of one of Jim and Elisha's recent train creations.




Change is in the air for our "baby" girl...we looked in the living room a couple of nights ago to see Madelyn STANDING UP in her walker! I stayed nearby while Jim grabbed a camera to capture the moment. I guess this means no more corralling her that way. We still have her Pack and Play; but if she learns how to crawl out of that, we're in trouble because I'm sure her crib will be next.


16 comments:

Terhune Family said...

Daniel would be happy to take that track apart for you. We got him started with some Thomas trains for Christmas, and his favorite thing to do is undo the track, and push cars through the mountain overpass.
Maddie's too big!
I NEED YOU, JAENA! That comment about freshly organized closets and all makes me sigh as I look around this house that still has boxes unpacked.

Woodcock family said...

Maddie is getting so big, it won't be long, soon she will be walking down the hall after her brother and destroying his train tracks!
Please tell Maddie Happy Birthday from Aunt Renee, Uncle Scott and the boys. I will try to call later. Love y'all!!!

Char said...

Put on your track shoes!

Char said...

John Derby says, "Nice track!" Keep up the good work.

Keetha Broyles said...

Looks to me like Maddy is getting "out of" more than her walker/pac-n-play/and her crib!!!! Appears to me she's also learning to strip!!!! ;-)

What a cutie.

Deb said...

Look at all of that space! I didn't remember your room being
THAT big! Do you ever see Elisha anymore?

Kim and Mike said...

Hey! That was my room! :) I'm glad Elisha will be putting all of that floor space into good use. :)

Joel said...

Hooray for slant rhyme! (Jaena, you know that's one of my favorite poetic concepts -- it's also part of a much larger world view we'll have to talk about sometime.)

Hooray for nephews with awesome train sets! Seriously, I could play with that stuff almost as long as he can.

And hooray for nieces growing up . . . and turning one year old today! Happy birthday, Maddie Grace!!

Toevs said...

Hope Maddie had a Happy Birthday.

Looks like Elisha has quite the train set. His train/track collection looks equivalent to my girls' My Little Pony collection. :-)

Stephen and Michelle said...

Jaena-
Funny thing...Stephen just showed me an article the other day when we were waiting for one of my monthly pregnancy check-ups. The article stated how important it is for boys to have lots of space - and argued that boys should have bigger rooms than girls - I guess it helps their development mentally, emotionally, etc. They had a lot of good points, and I thought it was really interesting.

Nice that you can have a big room for your son - and that you were willing to trade!! :)
Michelle Mowat

the lambs said...

Oh, to have a son to spread trains all over the house! When you're finished at Kari's would you come here, please?

Jaena said...

I would be glad to come help any of you sort and organize...it's what I love to do! Maybe we can schedule some time(s) after January is over (if that's not too late). I have a couple of deadlines this month for WMCR and a bookkeepig job I have.

Woodcock family said...

Hey were are the Birthday Pictures???

Kim and Mike said...

Jaena, will you come to my house, too? :)

Amy said...

First of all, congrats on getting a Mac! We're on our 2nd (not because the first went bad, just because Barry got tired of drooling over the new ones and bought one). We love ours! But since the Army's all PC, Barry's considering buying a PC laptop. Second, GREAT track! We love trains in this house, too. Bryce has a huge Thomas collection, and in addition to his large bedroom, he has 2/3 of the living room to cover with the track. Bryan's into Jay Jay now--fortunately airplanes don't require much floor space. I'd have to move out if the two of them had to fight over which toys could be played with. :)

Woodcock family said...

Happy Birthday Elisha!!!
Love Ya,
Aunt Renee, Uncle Scott & the boys