Saturday, October 20, 2007

Changes

Mom was moved out of critical care yesterday afternoon. The doctor said this is one step closer to her going home, which I think it was a bit troubling for her to hear because she stills feels so poorly and almost cannot imagine being well enough to go home.

Today was probably her hardest day since surgery, both physically and emotionally. She had some physical "milestones" (IV meds removed and on pain pills, catheter removed), but these changes also brought some discomfort and "yucky" feelings. It is hard to see someone you care about in pain even though you know it is part of the healing process: physically, mentally, and spiritually.

I'm headed up early tomorrow morning after having most of today "off" since my brother was here for the weekend. I'm praying she gets a good night of restful sleep and can have a more encouraging day tomorrow. Thanks for praying.

6 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

I'm so sorry she is having such a difficult time with this recovery.

. said...

Reminding you that I'm still praying....

And that you can call me !

Michelle M. said...

I just read your recent posts. I am so sorry to hear all that your mom is going through. We will add her to our prayer list. I am sorry she is having such a hard time. We will pray for her speedy recovery!!

Dave & Lynnette Mason said...

I feel bad that this was the first time I read the posts about your mom. Just know that she & you are in my thoughts and prayers!
Love,
Lynnette

Char said...

Hang in there! God is faithful.

Robin said...

I'm so sorry to hear that your mom has been so sick. I'll be praying that the road to recovery will be smooth!