Monday, October 15, 2007

Please Pray

My mom just underwent emergency surgery to remove part of her colon that was perforated. While the surgery went well, the doctor said she is not yet out of the woods. Her colon is very inflamed and there was infection throughout her abdomen. She will have an ostomy bag for the next 6 weeks, after which they hope to be able to do another surgery to reattach her colon. Please pray that infection is not a problem, that she heals quickly, and that our family can do what is needed to help her through this process. Thanks!

5 comments:

Hummel Family said...

Oh my! I wasn't expecting this. We will be praying, Jaena. Please keep us updated.

jenny marvin mealy said...

Oh man-I have been hoping for a new post from you, but this wasn't what I wanted!

I am praying!

the lambs said...

Your Mom is fortunate to have a daughter with the spiritual gift of helps! It's like 2 in 1! We will be praying for all of your family, Jaena.

. said...

Praying....

Marcia

Toevs said...

We'll be praying too.