Friday, December 14, 2007

And the Winner is...



Based on the vote in the comments, there was a tie among A, E and G (A actually won if I count the second part of my brother's comment where he admits it's the best photo). I decided I am too chicken to send out A this year, so I had to break the tie and I chose G.

I decided to go with Madelyn smiling and Elisha's "I'm a model" pose in G rather than Madelyn looking out of it and Elisha looking ornery (which he is) and like I am tickling him or grabbing his neck (which I very well might have been) in E. Jim looks slightly more "with it" in E, but he doesn't look great in any of the photos due to his headache, and I think I look more relaxed in G.

So, there you have it - all of the logic behind my choice (actually Jim helped choose too) and way more than you ever cared to know about the process of selecting the Womack family Christmas photo.

For those of you who picked the winning photo, I have homemade candy bark for you at my house if you can stop by to get it. Merry Christmas everyone!

19 comments:

Woodcock family said...

Can I request that mine be mailed this year so that i can get it before July?

Jaena said...

Sure, Renee! I set aside the siblings cards for Jim to write a little note, and it never got done last year. This year, I will just send them myself. :o)

Shannon said...

What a beautiful picture- we used those trees in ours too!!

Keetha Broyles said...

Nice choice!!! I'm still waiting for my "behind the scenes" scoop e-mail!!!

;-)

Unknown said...

Looks great! I like the "I'm a model pose" Very GQ!
You made a great choice.

the lambs said...

Woo Hoo! We'll be by to pick up our bark tonight! =)

Terhune Family said...

I'm so behind! I guess I haven't checked your blog for awhile. I love the Christmas photo vote and I missed it! Just for the record - I LOVE A :)

Amy said...

OK, I'm in El Paso. But priority mail gets here in 2 days...

Jaena said...

Keetha: I don"t think I have any behind the scenes scoop this year. What you see is what you get...crazy Elisha (his photos remind me of Calvin getting his picture taken in the cartoon Calvin and Hobbes), moody Madelyn and "I've got a headache" Jim. :o)

Kari: I like A too...I'm just too chicken to send it this year.

Amy: I'll see what I can do. Robin and Ken were in town and stopped by, so she actually got hers!

Robin said...

Yeah me! Thanks for the candy! YUM!

Bekah said...

Jaena - once again, we are more alike than you can possibly know. I took a vote in my office among the 34 pictures Mom took for my card - and then I sat down and overanalyzed all the top scoring pictures...what a process.

Amy said...

You can always just eat some in my honor. :)

Vickie said...

Being a Winner is enough for me although the bark sounds good I'm afraid I've already eaten too much this Christmas season!!!!!

Hope said...

looking at all these-- esp. the ones of the kids hanging at home-- make me smile and wish I was still close by so I could hang out! I hope you guys are well and enjoying the calm without students around!

Char said...

Merry Christmas you guys! I wish my photographer friends were this good. The best picture we have is the one Nate took at the reunion.

Char said...

Still lookin for those Christmas pics. Hope you're feeling better. The crummy thing about being ill while you're pregnant is that they won't give you anything! Thank God for white blood cells!

Anon said...

Are there absentee ballots?

I missed the vote.

I'm so out of it this year.

Keetha Broyles said...

Hoping you can come to my blog party Friday night!!!

Keetha Broyles said...

Hey - - - where in the world are Toevs? She kept us posted until her closing and then we haven't heard another word!!!