Sunday, March 23, 2008

Baking

Elisha helped me make some monster cookies a couple of weeks ago. I use a recipe I received from a teacher I met while I was student teaching (don't even ask how many years ago that was!) It makes what I would consider to be a fairly large batch: over 80 large cookies with only 8 cookies fitting on a cookie sheet.

I ended up "Googling" the recipe because I had a couple of questions and discovered that the recipe I have is a half batch! That's right, the full recipe calls for - get this - 12 eggs, 18 cups of flour and oatmeal, 3 pounds of peanut butter and four sticks of butter. I don't think I even own a bowl large enough to mix that in. Wow!

The ingredients

Mixing the dough - it wouldn't fit in the mixer


Our finished product
Actually Elisha was long gone by this point;
I think he stayed around until the mixing was partly done
and then made it back in time for the eating.

One of my favorite baking tools: a silicone mat.
This makes cookies come off the sheet perfectly
(even if you let them cool too long) and also means
I never have to wash the baking sheets.

7 comments:

jenny marvin mealy said...

I used to make those cookies, but my recipe had m&m's in them too!

J. Roscoe Womack said...

My recipe does too, but I didn't have any M&M's on hand, so I just used all chocolate chips. :)

Jaena said...

That was Jaena under Jim's blogger account.

Keetha Broyles said...

I LOVE the look of those cookies - - - might have to come all the way back from my bloggy-venture just to GET one!!! Hehehehehehe

Jaena said...

Keetha, I froze several dozen and they are already gone! Jim took some to LCS one day when he taught for Vickie, we sent some with the Buck food, we took some to Rhonda Conrad's for dinner one Sunday, etc... However, I will be making more for the LCS tenderloin fry fund raiser, so I will save you some then.

Darcy said...

those cookies look delicious! I'll call you for the recipe. I have a silicone mat too and I love it!

Joel said...

Hey! I recognize that silicone mat! Guess I should get one for myself one of these days.

;-)