Sunday, March 23, 2008

Dressing Up





I am amazed at how difficult it is to get a simple photo of Madelyn looking at the camera, let alone smiling! Shannon got a great photo at church one night and did not take near as many as I did today. So, I'm blaming it on a combination of our camera and my lack of photography skills. And I'm calling Shannon now when I need a photo of out children.

Some trivia about Madelyn's outfit:

Her dress was given to her when she was born (you know how it's nice for people to give something the baby can wear a little later down the road when you have so many newborn outfits?) It's 18 months and was too big last year when she was in 12 months, so it became her Easter dress this year (she's 26 months old). It fits great, but I can't decide if it looks too short. What do you think?

Madelyn picked out her shoes today. We had 2 pair of white patent leather shoes (hand-me-downs) and she brought me these and said, "I wanna wear dis one." (Or something like that.) She is true girl with specific likes already...I'm a bit worried what this may mean for our future and her shopping/clothing preferences.

9 comments:

jenny marvin mealy said...

I don't think it is too short. It is so sweet! Wish I was there to see her in it in person! I so miss your kids, and you and Jim of course!

He is Risen!

Shannon said...

She looked so cute! She's so tiny- I think Halle looks bigger than her!

Keetha Broyles said...

I think she looks just PERFECT - - - dress length and all. I was HOPING you'd be posting Easter pictures.

Dave & Lynnette Mason said...

I love the last pose that Madelyn made, she looks like a little vogue model! Very Chic'!

Char said...

Too cute. It will probably last through the Spring!

Keri said...

She's adorable!!!

Unknown said...

Jaena, She looks just like you. She really does. And the dress is not too short. She's adorbale. :)

Unknown said...

..."adorable"... I CAN spell. :)

Toevs said...

Too bad she's so cute!