Monday, May 08, 2006

The Bane of Batteries


Yes, it's another lame post about why I haven't had more posts. Let me just say that due to a battery shortage in out household, we have been unable to take digital pictures or download pictures already taken from our digital camera. So, I have had to get creative... like using old pictures that we had from weeks ago (see post below) or using pictures from the internet (see this post and cow picture).

A tip for anyone trying to swap battteries between electrical devices: digital cameras must be female. They are high-maintenance (I feel like I can say this based on firsthand experience since we now have a baby girl in the house) and must have new or alomost new batteries if they are to work properly (or at all in our case.)

I have tried batteried from remote control cars, walkie talkies and other small technical toys, but to no avail. The toy will function with the batteries, but as soon as I put them in our camera, they have no power. Go figure.
So, as soon as I get over purchasing batteries for full price at Wal-mart (instead of on sale and on coupon like I have in the past), we will be back in the blogging business. Until then, I guess I'll improvise.

8 comments:

Hummel Family said...

you are way too funny..you actually post more often than a lot of people I know...so you are perfectly fine on your blogging!

Low batteries...BIG BUMMER!

Jaena said...

Robin has creative posts daily, has pictures, and is funny. Compared to her, I feel like I will never measure up in the world of blogging. :-)

Jaena said...

Deb - As far as I know, dad has planted some peas and maybe corn. With his continued hip trouble, he may not be putting out much of a garden this year. He talked about sowing grass or wildflowers in part of it..

However, if you would like a plot of land on which to plant anything, I am sure he would glady give it to you. And I would watch the girls this summer so you could weed or pick or whatever. :-)

Jaena said...

The time is way off. If you do decide to plant, Jim and I would help - we aren't sure about taking on a plot on our own, but it would be fun to share the work and the benefits!

Unknown said...

Not too many people are as creative as Robin-it is truly a gift. You are creative and hysterical as well-don't count yourself short! Embrace your gifts girl!

Jaena said...

Kim - Thanks for the encouragement! I am not as down on myself as I may have sounded. Just admiring Robin's gifts and aspiring to "keep up" myself. Blogging will be better and easier when we get the camera back up and running.

Char said...

Jaena, you are so creative! I think I'll go looking on the Internet for a few puns myself!

Boswell said...

Get some rechargeable ones and a charger. It has saved me hundreds of dollars. If you are into saving money, then that is the way to go! The initial cost is 20-30 bucks, but you will get that back in no time.