Saturday, May 27, 2006

The Overwhelmingly Obvious


It all started when I was reading the back of our cottage cheese carton...I noticed an allergy warning on it and thought to myself, "That's a good idea to let people know what might be in the product that could cause potential problems. " For instance, who knew that spaghetti sauce contained soybeans and was manufactured in a facility that processes milk?
Anyways, what was this mysterious potential allergen?
Milk.
OK, seems a bit obvious to me that a cheese product would contain milk; but it got me thinking...what other seemingly obvious allergy warnings are listed on food products?


So far I have also been warned that
peanut butter contains peanuts.
Good to know...


That's almost like having to let a person know that coffee from McDonald's is hot or something...

So, keep your eyes open, and let me know what obvious warnings you see around.

2 comments:

Woodcock family said...

Who knew all this time that cottage cheese was made milk and peanut butter was made from peanuts. Your posts are always the best. Love y'all
Renee

Char said...

The ad that I like best is the one that claims broccoli is cholesterol free. Duh and Double Duh.