Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Two Cute!

Just a few pics of the kids. I know every parent thinks their kids are "the cutest (smartest, funniest, etc...) kids in the world." And while I am not naive enough to believe this myth, I do love to catch close ups of their little - or not so little anymore - faces.

I look at our kids and try to imagine what they will look like once the baby fat is gone and Elisha's jawline is more defined and Madelyn transitions from infant to toddler to little girl. It's scary to think about, and hopefully those days are far, far away...but from what I hear, it happens sooner than any of us think.


Have we mentioned that Elisha loves trains? He spends literally hours each day building tracks and reenacting stories from Thomas the Train videos. I tell myself that he is practicing "narrative skills" needed for kindergarten and beyond.



























Maddie is just a sweetie. She has outgrown her "colic" or whatever kept her screaming most evenings, and is happy and content. The first picture shows her umbilical hernia (not an "outie" belly button) that freaked us out for a bit. It was actually much larger, sticking out a good inch with an even larger circumference. It's shrinking weekly, and the doctor said it should disappear completely on it's own. Pretty amazing! We're hoping her original "innie" returns in the end. :-)

9 comments:

Robin said...

Your kids are so cute! I can't believe how big Maddie is getting. Those cheeks are precious!

Char said...

John says wooden track is better but that he's glad Elisha likes playing with trains.

Char said...

Hey, you guys aren't looking at my blog. I may get tired of being "cute" after a while. Tell me I have a handsome kid, a nice garden, something . . . just don't say I look older (or wider).

Unknown said...

They are just precious! Maddie is huge compared to the first pictures I saw! They're great!

Char said...

Yea, those security features will get you every time. I'll check it out, though, since I know that only family are trying to log on.

I'll have John go through his "old" books to see if there's anything Elisha might like. We've also got a couple of tubs of wooden track that I'm considering selling to fund John's college education.:-)

Char said...

Cute girl, man. I love you guys, and I'm in California and you're not.

I bought a yellow Mustang GT, 2006 this past Monday. I'm going to paint black racer stripes on it. I took a picture of it with my cell phone. Aunt Char is trying to figure out a way to download the picture so that you can see it.

Char said...

That was Jason just now.

Hummel Family said...

I love watching your family through your blog. I am so happy to hear Madelyn has grown out of the "crying" stage. I remember you talking about this at Easter, and I just didn't know what to say! (Hey, my day may come once we have three babies here all at one time! Its bound to happen and when it does, I am sure you can give me lots of advice!)

Thanks again for staying in touch trhough our blog and for all your prayers. And also for sending Marcia my way! She's been an encouragement to me.

Love
JoEllen

Hummel Family said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.