Friday, December 29, 2006

Guess What - Part 3

For the past year or so, I have been growing my hair out for Locks of Love, and organization that takes hair donation to make wigs for people (children, I think) who have lost their hair due to cancer or other diseases. To qualify, you must have 10 inches of hair to cut and donate. For the past few months, I have been pulling back my hair (sometimes straightening it with a blow dryer even) and having Jim measure it to see how much longer I had to go.

I recently discovered that Pantene accepts donations of hair that are 8 inches or more. This was great news to me because I had 8 inches! (9 to be more exact). So yesterday I called my hair dresser, Kathleen and told her I was ready. Fortunately she had an appointment today at 4! I was a bit nervous, but I love it! I think if I had waited much longer, they would have had to throw it out instead of using it for a wig (which hopefully they can). And just think how much I will save on hair products.

18 comments:

Char said...

But - now you look like a career woman! How are you going to face your MOPS group with a hair style like that?

BTW - One of the older guys in John's Scout Troop is growing his hair out. I don't know how many inches he's donating, but we were glad to learn that there was an explanation for his long locks, other than teen rebellion!

Char said...

P.S. you look great - that is a very becoming style for you.

Unknown said...

HOW CUTE! I love the new doo (Sp?)
It looks great. Kathleen did my hair when I donated mine too. I'll have to keep Pantene in mine-I need a new look.

Keetha Broyles said...

Jaena - - - - it is STUNNING!!!!

I LOVE it. Very classy.

Deb said...

I always say the shorter the better! I just got mine cut yesterday, but I don't think Pantene or any other organization can use 1/2 inch.

Anon said...

So glad I inspired you Jaena, but you beat me to the punch. :) Still holding out for the summer to give the girls a little more time.

Anon said...

BTW, looks great. Bet it feels great too.

. said...

Very cute, Jaena! You've inspired me to get mine cut! (I'd already been saying it was time.) Aaaand, it looks like you'll get to see it tonight!

Kim and Mike said...

I love it! It looks great! It makes me wish my hair was straight so it could look like that! Sorry we missed you this trip....things always get busier than I expect. :)

Robin said...

Wow! It looks great! I've always wanted to do that, but my hair won't grow past shoulder length. Good for you!

Woodcock family said...

I Love it!! You look good. I miss you guys so much, we really do need to figure out how to get together sometime soon. e-mail me or call!!

Bekah said...

i LOVE it, Jaena!!!!! I did the same thing not long ago, but I'm afraid mine was for pure vanity purposes and not at all for love and charity. So I'm very proud of you!! :)

Dave & Lynnette Mason said...

Jaena I love your hair!! I have been wanting to do the same with mine but I keep chickening out. Looks good!

TheGaffords said...

Looks great, Jaena! I tried growing my hair for that a couple of years ago, but I just couldn't do it. I needed my layers back and I gave up. Way to go!

Keetha Broyles said...

Jeana - - - - look how you are positively GLOWING in the blog party pix on my post!!

Terhune Family said...

Looks great! Kim was bummed that we didn't manage to get together when she was here. It was a short visit.

Toevs said...

Looks great! I bet you feel much better now. I hope I get to see in person soon.... I have a lot of organizing I want to do. Wanna help? :-)
I hope we can get together soon!

Unknown said...

Woo Hoo! It looks great!