Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Maddie on the Move

Anyone who has tried to photograph a young child will appreciate this photo sequence. Every decent photo that ends up on our blog represents several others that were taken and discarded. Now that Madelyn can crawl, we find it even more of a challenge to get a good shot...and that Santa dress was so cute!

Not quite what I was hoping for

Where's Maddie?

There she goes again

Let's check out this tree

Anon tries to help

Made you blink

I think I'll come see you, mom

Can you reach with the other arm, Madelyn?

Getting closer...

Finally, a decent shot!

Anyone who has tried to photograph a young child will appreciate this photo sequence. Every decent photo that ends up on our blog represents several others that were taken and discarded. Now that Madelyn can crawl, we find it even more of a challenge to get a good shot...and that Santa dress was so cute!

13 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

That is a really cute dress, on a really cute little tyke.

I've had the same problem taking photos of Mackinley - - - part of my problem is how there is a delay with my digital camera waiting for it to focus.

Jaena said...

I have that timing problem too. I have found that with mine, I can push the button partway down so it focuses and then finish pushing it to take the shot. Not that you can tell from most of these pictures...

Keetha Broyles said...

That's exactly what my camera does - - - and there is quite a delay while you wait for the focusing to finish. Also, I've noticed on the flash photos that sometimes it is trying to focus on something other than what I intended - - - - and those shots come out blurry.

BTW - - - nice shot of Anon's arm and hand. Perhaps if we piece all these clues together, those of us who do not know her in person will come up with a complete picture!!!!
Hehehehehe

Char said...

You got a few good ones!

Hey, what's Anon going to wear for your blogger's get-together? Maybe she could just leave her muffler on . . .

Woodcock family said...

What a cute dress. All the moving pictures are worth it when it comes to getting the final one!!

Kim and Mike said...

What a cute dress for such a cute little girl! We're on our way to Marion now...will we get to meet this cutie??? BTW, I liked your Christmas tree in the other pictures! :)

Toevs said...

Been there, done that!

Robin said...

I have the same problem taking puppy pictures! That picture was worth the patience necessary to get it. And the dress is just TOO cute!

Anon said...

Somehow I had a feeling I'd see that photo shoot online. :)

Who was your wonderful assistant? :)

Bekah said...

Very very cute!!! And I have the same problem with delays on my camera...it annoys me! Cats and babies have a lot in common when it comes to moving repeatedly while the camera focuses. :)

Still - very cute pictures!! Can't believe how grown up she is now!

Jaena said...

Anon, Didn't you see your "name" mentioned after one of the photos? I tried to give you credit, but I should have said that you were there the entire "photo shoot" trying to get her to look, stay and smile.

Angela/SciFiChick said...

So cute! Love the photos!

Unknown said...

Jaena,

This is hilarious! I totally 100% understand! I also liked Anon's arm and hand ... Good documentary feel :)

Anyway, hope your Christmas was very merry.