Thursday, October 26, 2006

Fall Field Trip




There's something about visiting a pumpkin patch or apple orchard in the fall. Breathing in the crisp air, smelling the sweetness of apples and straw, hearing the combines and tractors harvesting in the fields. I love it!

Above are some photos from our recent trip to Hainlen's Orchard a couple of weekends ago. We went with the Lambs, who were gracious enough to still call us friends even after we led them on a wild goose chase through Swayzee, Sweetser, and finally back to Swayzee again, looking for the signs that would tell us where to turn. (In our defense, we think the signs have been removed...) Juile's dad saved the day (and our outing) by providing directions that did, indeed, lead us to the desired location. (Thanks, Mr. Gafford!) And once we got there, a good time was had by all!

9 comments:

Dave & Lynnette Mason said...

Whats this...no pumpkin fundraiser? :)

Jaena said...

LOL! I have actually thought of that several times this fall...what memories! :)

Keetha Broyles said...

Julie also posted a few days ago about their pumpkin patch trip. Both sets of pictures are just awesome. So "all American"

I have never been to a pumpkin patch. Not ever - - - not even as a kid. I think I'm feeling that I've missed out on something really special.

I HAVE milked cows by hand, though, so am not TOTALLY devoid of country experiences!!!!! ;-)

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh yeah - - - - and ONCEin a Wisconsin summer, I 'turned' hay bales TOPLESS!!!!!!! Bet you can't beat THAT experience.





Of course I was only about 5 years old at the time - - - - - - - - -

Unknown said...

I agree completely about the pumpkin patch. One of our favorite... Ok almost our only true family tradition so far. I love the video too- fun faces! :)

Angela/SciFiChick said...

love the pics!
looks like fun!

Woodcock family said...

Looks like a fun trip. Great family pic!!!

Char said...

Your family picture is one for the Christmas Cards. What fun! Unfortunately, we are past this stage. John doesn't even want a jack-o-lantern this year. :-(

Anonymous said...

How fun!!! Great pictures!