Monday, October 16, 2006

"Hair" Today, Gone Tomorrow

I know she's only a little over 9 months old, but Madelyn has had a section of hair on top of her head that has been growing since before she was born. It was cute for quite awhile; but once it started hanging down over her eyes, it got a bit annoying. Many friends suggested that I clip it back in one of those cute little barrettes, and I tried. But then she pulled it out...and I couldn't find it...and I started panicking, thinking she had swallowed it (until I found it hiding in a fold of her car seat). So, no more barrettes. The rest of our family had haircuts scheduled for this morning, so we decided to add Maddie to the experience. Goodbye mop on top!


16 comments:

Robin said...

Oh, Jaena, Madelyn is just a doll! Look at that smile! And the haircut is cute too!

One helpful thing I learned in my Pediatrics class. What to do if you suspect a baby swallowed a coin: Look for "change in the stool."

I couldn't resist.

Jaena said...

Ha! LOL, Robin...Thanks for the tip; I will keep it in mind. :o)

Unknown said...

Fun pictures!
I'd recognize those hands of Kathleen's anywhere...
She did a great job

the lambs said...

She looks so happy! Like this mysterious weight was just lifted off her head. Adorable!

Jaena said...

Kim - Jim did a great job taking the photos, but I actually thought he had taken pics of Kathleen's entire person...not just her hands! :)

Julie - Yep, a mysterious weight off her head and out of her eyes! Hooray!

Angela/SciFiChick said...

too cute!

Toevs said...

Mop top or not, she's a cutie! Like the overalls too... I think I recognize those. :-)

Keetha Broyles said...

Love these pictures.

Hey - - - I saw Jim at school today. I gave him a hug - - - - - did he tell you???

Jaena said...

Nope, but we haven't seen each other too much today...like two ships passing in the night.

. said...

Cute pictures! Good call, too! I noticed at church on Sunday that she acted like her "mop top" made her eyes itch. Now she looks even more like a babydoll!

Anon said...

It's hard to believe she and Elisha are siblings. They don't look alike or anything. :)

jenny marvin mealy said...

What an angel! She looks so adorable I never noticed the hair in her eyes.

Woodcock family said...

How cute is my niece!!! I Love y'all!! Hey guess what Alex is going to be 7 this friday. It is amazing how time flies.

Keetha Broyles said...

Tell me about time flying!!! My "babies" are going to be 30, 26, 21, and 19!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keri said...

What a cutie!!! She's about the same age as my little guy!

Dave & Lynnette Mason said...

How cute:)