Monday, May 26, 2008

Parenting

Before I had young children, I used to wonder how kids cut their hair, colored on walls, or generally got into things. I mean, what were their parents doing while they went around unsupervised?

Now that I'm older and wiser (and hopefully more humble), I get it. Last week Elisha colored on Madelyn with markers (notice her face, shirt and hands). My children have also been known to unroll the toilet paper (classic) and pull tissues out of the box (also classic), cut small holes in shirts, color on our bedroom carpet, play in the toilet, and team up with a cousin to use markers to decorate the walls, floor, couch, table and carpet of my cousin's band new camper.

Did I mention I am more humble now? And less judgmental too.

5 comments:

Robin said...

Okay, Madelyn may be covered with marker, but she's still stunningly beautiful!

Keetha Broyles said...

These things happen to us parents to make us realize just how foolish all our pre-child wisdom was.

I'm there with ya!!!

Char said...

This is hysterical, but only hysterical if you've "been there."

Keetha Broyles said...

Hey- - - I heard you tell someone at an open house that Joel was coming to town - - - I'd LOVE to meet him one time when he's here and you guys have TIME to work me in. :-)

Keri said...

Jaena, thank you so much for the gift!!!!!